Our Best Future…
Full-Day Kindergarten Program
In November 2007, the Premier of Ontario asked Dr. Charles Pascal to recommend the best way to implement full-day learning for 4 and 5-year-olds.
Our best future is one where all of our children are:
- healthy and secure;
- emotionally and socially competent;
- eager, confident, and successful learners;
- respectful of the diversity of their peers.
Key Components of Early Learning
This new, comprehensive and transformational early learning plan for Ontario begins by recommending better use of the resources we have to create a system of services for children and families from the prenatal period to age 12, including the following:
- Full-day learning for 4 and 5-year-olds
- Before and after-school and summer programs for school-age children
- Quality programs for younger children
- Enhanced parental leave
Kindergarten Program Learning Curriculum
The brochure outlining, With Our Best Future In Mind is available below: